A photographer can make a wedding day experience amazing, or wreck it. It just takes a few choice words, interactions, personality conflicts and it can go from good to bad real quick. Holding a consultation will allow the opportunity to talk, ask your questions, and get to know each other better.
What do you say at a wedding photography consultation?
- Where + When is your wedding?
- Tell me about the wedding!
- How many people are in your wedding party?
- How many guests will your venue allow/ how many are you inviting?
- How did you meet?
- How did he propose?
- What moments are you most excited about on the wedding day that absolutely need to be captured?
What questions should I ask as a wedding photographer?
- How would you describe your photography style? What would you compare your work to?
- How would you describe your working style?
- Do you shoot digitally?
What are good questions to ask a photographer?
- What is the one thing you wish you knew when you started taking photos?
- How did you get good at photography?
- What gear do you use?
- Which lens is your favorite?
- When you go out to shoot, do you take any essential items other than a camera and lens?
What should a photographer ask a client?
- What is the emotion, feeling or vibe you want to portray in these images?
- What is the main purpose for choosing me as a photographer?
- What do you want to stay away from?
- What is your current demographic?
- What do you like about the reference images you sent me?
How do I make a wedding photography contract?
- Names and contact information for both the bride and groom.
- Detailed description of the service rendered — photographs, in this case.
- Breakdown of fees (including deposit) and payment schedule.
- Date, time and location of the ceremony and reception.
What should be included in a wedding questionnaire?
What are the bride’s parents’ names and what is their marital status? What are the groom’s parents’ names and what is their marital status? How many siblings do you each have? Are there any special family circumstances that we should be aware of? (divorces, deaths, dramas, etc)
What questions should I ask my photography mentor?
- How long have you been doing photography?
- Are you in business or is photography a super fun hobby for you?
- What do you shoot with, and what lenses do you have?
- What editing program(s) do you use, if any, and what level do you feel you are at with them?
What to ask before hiring a photographer?
- What’s their style of photography?
- Read their reviews!
- What’s the pricing structure?
- What’s the payment structure?
- Check a few albums or galleries.
- Do they help with Posing?
- Do they have insurance?
- What’s the image turnaround time?
What are the 7 elements of photography?
There are seven basic elements of photographic art: line, shape, form, texture, color, size, and depth. As a photographic artist, your knowledge and awareness of these different elements can be vital to the success of your composition and help convey the meaning of your photograph.
What is a pre shoot consultation?
A client pre-consultation is where you and your client meet to talk about the details of the session or project. You can meet at your studio, a coffee shop, or the client’s home or place of business.
Why do photographers use raw?
RAW provides far more image information, allowing you to capture more detail and greater dynamic range from your camera sensor. 2. More flexibility for editing: When you transfer images from your camera’s SD card to a hard drive for editing, you will appreciate the image quality you get from RAW data.
What is a possible risk from darkroom chemicals?
What is a possible risk from darkroom chemicals? burns, lung problems, and cancer.
How do photographers talk to clients?
- Create a relaxed environment that feels more like you are all just hanging out vs. a feeling of “It’s time to take photos!”
- Give your clients stuff to talk about while you are posing/composing/getting your exposure right.
- Give them stuff to do!
- Keep the conversation going.
- Compliment your clients!
What is Tave?
: to thrash or toss wildly : struggle.
What are the different types of photography?
- Portrait Photography.
- Fashion Photography.
- Sports Photography.
- Still Life Photography.
- Editorial Photography.
- Architectural Photography.
What should a photography contract include?
- Copyright Ownership and Transfer of Use Rights.
- Payment Schedule.
- Cancellation Policy.
- Summary of What Each Side Will Deliver.
- Start Date of Photography Contract and Shoot Date (If Applicable)
- Full Contact Information and Names for Client and Your Business.
Do wedding photographers take a deposit?
How much will the deposit be? “The standard wedding photography deposit is 20% of the full price, and the date isn’t secured until the deposit is paid. Full payment is usually to be paid a week or two before the wedding, but as every photographer is different it’s important to ask when they require full payment.”
Should a wedding photographer have a contract?
Trust is an extremely important part of the relationship between a wedding photographer and their clients and any true professional will require you to complete a contract as part of their booking process. Your photography contract is particularly important.
How do I make a wedding questionnaire?
- First & Last names.
- Wedding Date.
- Both of your phone numbers + one additional contact person’s number.
- Email address.
- Full Mailing Address.
- What are your Instagram handles?
- What last name(s) will you each be taking once you’re married?
- Hair & Makeup Location.
What is a wedding questionnaire?
The Wedding Questionnaire Template provides all necessary information for a wedding day photoshoot which covers all basic requests and special add-ons, ceremonies, number of the guests, contact details of the bride, groom, family members, major sponsors and the event organizers.
What questions should a wedding planner ask their client?
- What’s your budget, how many people are you inviting, and what’s your dream venue?
- Do you have any vendors in mind?
- How involved do you expect a wedding planner to be?
- What weddings have you been to that you didn’t like?
- Do you have any non-negotiables?
What do photographer mentors look for?
A mentor should be a good listener and be able to provide guidance and support when needed. They should be an educator – Try to look for photographers that already run workshops or personal tuition (1-2-1). If they are already providing these services then it’s always worth going with this option first.
How do you talk about photography?
- Make Your Goals Clear. If you want to speak confidently about your photography style, you need to identify the primary goal of your photographs.
- Understand what inspires You.
- Identify Your Unique Feature.
- Obedient or Rebellious?
How do photographers ask for tips?
At the end of the night or the beginning of the day, you can give the photographer, not the owner of the company, a $50 to $100 tip. You might also give a small tip at the end of your wedding day and a larger one after you receive your photos if the photographer delivered some outstanding shots.